[cinci_dads] China trip update

  • From: "Mark Hood" <markhood66@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cabas@xxxxxxxx, awsels@xxxxxxx, cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,lvdoves1605@xxxxxxxxxxx, tanyakelley@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 02:45:23 -0400

Hello everyone,

just wanted to updates you on our trip to get Audrey.

First delay we encountered was in at the Cincinnati Airport. They had to switch our plane, making us late for departure only about a half hour. Good for us, bad for the people going to Portland Oregon. They switched them to the plane we were supposed to get but had a hydraulic problem. They said there were too many peolpe on our flight catching international flights out of Los Angeles.

We made our flight in Los Angeles no problem. But the flight was very long. The good news was we would have arrived an hour early, but because of bad weather, we were rerouted to another airport. After landing, we stayed on the plane about an additional 2 hours because the weather was to let up. Which it did. we flew back to Guangzhou as we were supposed to. That's when we hit the next hiccup.

Our connecting flight to Changsha was to depart at 9:30 a.m. We arrived at 9:00 a.m. Collected our luggage, then went through customs. Because we didn't check in half hour before departure, they gave our seats away. There were 15 people on our flight. The next flight was not scheduled to leave until 4:30 p.m. Fortunatly, China Southern agreed to get us rooms at the airport hotel so we could take showers, eat, and rest until our flight.

We finally arrived in Changsha, there was a driver waiting for us at the gate. He drove us to our hotel, which is really nice. We got Audrey about 15 minutes after we arrived. We just had enough time to check in, drop off our luggage in our room, then hustled to the conference room were the babies were at. We finally went back to our room so we could get to know each other.

She slept all night, thak goodness. We needed the sleep as well. Today we got most of the adoption paperwork completed. We will do some sightseeing next couple of days. Then on the 12th, we will be going back to Guangzhou to do the US paperwork.

The most important thing I almost forgot, she is soo pretty. She is really starting to open up to us. She was actually laughing and giggling on the bus back to the hotel. She is walking very well and getting into everything.

As soon as I can figure how to download pictures into this computer I will. But everything is in Chinese. It took me a half hour just trying to find Internet explorer. There seems to a couple of people who can speak english, hopefully they will be able to help with this project.

Hope you have a great day,

Mark, Jill, and Audrey.

- Online, searchable archives of the list are available at //www.freelists.org/archives/cinci_dads