[cinci_dads] Children's Home $ collection

  • From: "Cincinnati Dads" <cincinnatidads@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cincinnati Dads" <cinci_dads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 17:57:24 -0400

Hello All!
As many of you probability know, funding for the Children's Home Early
Childhood Center (our Friday home) has been drastically cut.  The first annual
Childfest is being held on the Children's Home grounds June 1st to benefit the
Early Childhood Centers Parent-Child programs.  Hopefully many of you will be
able to attend and/or help with this event (past e-mails by Rick and Mike you
have received detail what we can do).

In addition to the Childfest, we are collecting money to donate to the
Children's Home.  Many of you have already been contacted by phone by Rick N.,
Rick T-H, or me.  We are trying to contact you all personally when our children
'allow' it...so that could take some time ;)  So if you have not been contacted
yet, I'm sure you'll understand why!  Group e-mails seem to be the quickest,
though not always the best way to communicate.

Anyway, we are hoping for a donation of at least $50.00 from each Dad (thought
any amount would be great).  To put it in perspective, that is less than $1.00
a week for what the Children's Home provides to the Cincinnati Stay at Home
Dads. The early childhood department has been very good to us and extremely
supportive of our personal decisions to leave our careers to raise our
children.  They have never asked us for any kind of financial payment (nor are
they asking now).

To date, we have collected $450.00 in checks and company matches from a few
Dads.  We do have commitments so far from 14 Dads and their families.  We would
like to have all the money collected by May 17th, and give to the Children's
Home on May 24th.  The money is tax deductible of course and receipts will be
sent to you.   Check should be made out to the Children's Home of Cincinnati
and indicate on the check that it is for the Parent-Child programs.  You can
then either give the check to me on Friday's at the Children's Home, or, as
some have, mail it to me.  My address is    940 Center St., Milford, OH  45150

Thanks for your attention to this.  Please feel free to call me 248-8596 , Rick
Thomas-Harmon 731-3667, or Rick N-Ski 755-1891  if you would like to discuss
further.

Tim

Visit Cincinnati Stay at Home Dads at
www.cincinnatidads.com