[cinc] Re: Condor Express Sunday 2/19

  • From: "Shirley Johnson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("thusone")
  • To: cinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 21:49:53 -0800

Smiley whales.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 19, 2023, at 5:18 PM, Jerry and Sue Miller <gomillers@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 9:00am trip
Captain Dave, Captain Devin, & Kaitlin in the galley
Sue Miller solo naturalist
Short and sweet: Beautiful conditions, clear skies, pristine glassy water.... A very nice Sunday morning outing
1 Mylar Balloon

12:00pm Trip
Captain Dave, Captain Devin, & Kaitlin in the galley
Sue Miller solo naturalist

2 Minke Whales 5 Mylar Balloons
Not exactly the numbers we were going for...especially when the balloons outnumbered the whales.  Same gorgeous conditions and we covered a lot of ground. The Minkes cooperated and the passengers were fortunate to have good looks. One heartwarming part of the trip was at the beginning. As I was doing my orientation and showing the Gray Whale model, there was a little girl sitting behind me. As I was speaking, she held up a small white board where she had drawn a Gray Whale.  Always nice to have another visual so I held up her board and showed her masterpiece to the passengers. She of course got a round of applause. As we headed out toward the buoy, this little 7 year old ( a local SB girl)  erased her whales and while the Captain Dave was talking about the sea lions on the buoy, she proceeded to draw another picture on her little white board. Her drawing continued much of the trip, including Devin retreiving the balloons, When we came upon the Minke Whales, another picture was drawn.   A nice little additon to my report. While we didn't find Grays, it was a lovely trip and everyone was happy. Captain Dave handed out rain checks. No dolphins and only a handful of pelicans. Until I board again, Sue Miller

JPEG image

JPEG image