[cifnmedia] Diver 29yo dies

  • From: Sean & Kimberly Aaron <cifn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PublicSafety@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:22:24 -0700 (PDT)

CIPS Power Plant Accident
Coffeen Illinois
2 days ago a 29 yo male industrial diver from Indiana died when he was sucked
in by large fans underwater used to draw in water to cool the power plant
generators, the plant has been shut down pending an investiagtion, The fans
where supposed to have been shut down at the time he was sent to do the job,
From what I understand CIPS would not use local dive teams to recover the
subject but called there own special divers out of St. Louis Mo. I will attempt
to locate the actual news paper story, what I have here is based on info from
my brother in law who is a Sheriff Deputy in that area.

Sean A. Aaron (CIFN*1)
Central Illinois Fire Network
cifn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.geocities.com/central_illinois_firenet