[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] Re: CIAM Plenary Meeting

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:54:53 +0200

At 17:54 20/04/2010, you wrote:
Guy, thanks for the update!
I suppose it is too late to send new ideas and counter proposals now -
this is no longer up for discussion, is it?
In F6D (gliders) - is there only 1 (one) fly-off round?

Hello Oleg,

Yes, there is only one fly-off round, at least during WAG-style events where the time is restricted, as you know. This is what will be used at WAG 2011 if it takes place. Now we began discussing other possibilities that may be applicable at WAG 2013 and beyond, so in short the presend decision is an emergency measure to cope with the fixed fly-off duration at WAG 2011 while we take more time and define a molre satisfactory solution to be used afterwards.

Ideas and proposals are welcome anytime. However, proposals submitted to FAI have a November 15 deadline and this is valid for any FAI event. As you have seen, I initiated already discussion on subjects that may be submitted to the 2011 Plenary.You are welcome to subnmit any idea for discussion, to become ultimately a firm proposal through this Working Group. other proposals may come through Terry Edmonds and AMA with the same deadline.

Let's say, we now have about six months for new proposals that may be discussed at next year's Plenary, applicable in 2012 and at WAG 2013.

Guy R.