:: Ikuzou !!:: [Go Joshuya] Episode 1, Turn 1: Day II, The Arrival

  • From: "The Skillful Abbot" <yinyangsufi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chu Mail list" <chugakusei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:58:26 +0900

Episode 1, Turn 1: Day II, The Arrival

By: John Jones

" The sky was fair, yet it was greater then any of us for it sat overhead.
Sometimes it cried and sometimes it smiled. Sometimes it left, but it always
came back to sit over each and every one of us. "

The streets of Urawa were quiet and only a handful of the world was awaken. As
the sun rose, birds flew off the telephone wires one by one in fear of
something that approached. A lone figure in a long white coat, with a briefcase
bag hanging down by his side strolled aimlessly forward along the telephone
wires. This was Go Joshuya as he drudged on to his first day of school.

After Seeing a blue pick up truck slowly drive below him, he dropped his bag on
it and tailed it to the stop sign at the corner. It was here that he leaned
forward, flipped off the telephone pole and landed, kneeling, on the back of
the truck. Go knocked over some metal and glass containers spilling some milk
on the street. He then took off and layed out his long white jacket.

As he lie atop the jacket, he raised his eyes to look out through the back
window of the pick up. The driver gave a frown that slowly turned into a small
smile. The driver then held up an apple in his left hand. Go waved off the
offer, rested his head and watched the sky.

>><<

Meanwhile back at the Joshuya household two men sat in an airy kitchen
surrounded by the smells of breakfast and cigar smoke.

"Toru, were Baiko and Go heading toward their objectives!? "

" Yes Aki, Baiko was on his way to work and Go on his way to school. "

" Don't you mean Baiko and Go left together on their way to work and school. "

"No, Baiko left extra early something about some girl. Go was mad that he got
ditched but then just took to the telephone wires muttering something about the
sky. I don't care if he is our brother. That kid is weird."

" Damn it Baiko".

Aki took a huge puff of his cigar and slowly exhaled a vast amount of smoke
into the room. Toru covered his mouth and asked Aki some more questions.

"Ummm how are you going to keep Go on tract, you know how he gets sometimes?
Also what about Baiko he is so quickly distracted by a pair of legs and a
smile."

"Don't worry about Baiko, I'll take care of him. As for Go, hahahaha you met
his chaperone at the mall with me a couple of weeks ago!?"

>><<

The blue pick up was only a block from the school and Go was wrapping up his
conversation with the pick up driver.

"Yeah Minamijou Chugakou is great. There is a nice man there, Dr. Kage you
should see him."

"Kage huh? I'll check him out. This should be great. None of my brothers were
there to ride me or get in my way. Aki can be such a control freak sometimes. I
can do things my way!

The truck driver adjusted his rear view mirror and looked at another figure
speedily approaching the pick up truck. He then cracked a smile and began to
laugh.

" What's so funny? "

"Hahaha nothing, your going to have to find another ride to school I won't be
running this route for a couple of weeks. Nice talking to you though kid. "

" Aren't you going to the school? "

"Yeah I'm stopping by there but your getting off here. "

Before Go could answer he felt a hand grab at his ankle. Next thing Go knows
was that he was on the ground and the pick-up was far down the block. As he
gathered himself he heard a girl laughing above him.

" Who the hell. B&#$% "

As Go stood he was meet with two angry and yet familiar eyes. He looked at the
young girls school bag and noticed the initials D.S. and then Go saw the short
red hair. Go took a step back as a look of panic came over his face.

" No, it can't be you Dana Scul."

"Dana Shibukiji!?! You know who I am Go! It's not nice to play like that. "

" Uh.Uh. "

" What am I doing here? I am glad you asked. Well after the orphanage, a nice
middle class family around here adopted me. A couple of weeks ago we meet your
brother, Aki, at the mall. He told us all about Minamijou Chugakou and you so
my parents let me transfer because I really didn't have a lot of friends,
although my grades were great! Go? Where did you go? "

Around the corner, Go had sprinted toward the awaiting school in the distance.
Still a little excited about his first day, but four words were vivid with in
his head.

" I really hate her. She is always so science minded and never knew when to
stop talking. Maybe if I get there before her I won't see her the rest of the
day or maybe she'll disappear or something. "

"There you are GO!?! Why did you take the long way there was a short cut
through the block?"

" * Sigh * ".

"Hey do you remember Mrs. Maeda from the orphanage? Some jerk circulated a
rumor that she was the zombie of an Yakuza gangser that was searching for his
reincarnation in order to live for another 1000 years. I put a stop to that
though. Their only proof was that she wore a wig and had false teeth. "

Go became suddenly suprised and agitated, "They weren't just false teeth they
were her real teeth!?! She couldn't hold them in her mouth any longer because
her body was decaying. What have you done, those people are still in danger!?!
Maybe if I go to Aki I can transfer to back to orphanage. "

As Go turned to head back home Dana grabbed his collar and began to drag him
down the road. As the sun sat in the early morning sky Go ceased to struggle
and had seemingly accepted his fate as the pair began their first day of school.

" Don't you wanna know what homeroom I am in. ", Dana said to Go, as they made
their way up the hill along the cherry blossomed pathway.

"No, something tells me that I don't wanna know", replied Go as continued
looking foward, walking fast in an attempt to create some distance between the
two.

"Hmpf."

>><<

[OOC: Posted by the GM for John Jones]