[chapter-communicator] FW: Statement on war and Artic update

  • From: "BIANCHI, John" <JBIANCHI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chapter-communicator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:08:48 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: FLICKER, John
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 1:59 PM
Subject: Statement on war and Artic update

Dear Audubon Family:

In the days ahead, there will be much uncertainty and concern as the war in
Iraq unfolds.  Please take time for yourself and your family, when needed, and
time to talk with your friends and fellow employees about your thoughts and
feelings.

Remember, too, that what you do at Audubon is important.  People turn to nature
in times of difficulty for comfort and healing.  America is a beautiful place
and our work to ensure that we may all enjoy that beauty is essential and
admirable.

Yesterday, for the second time in two years, the Senate voted against opening
up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling.  Success on this issue
is a tribute to the dedication of the entire Audubon Family at the local, state
and national levels.

Audubon's mission is one of hopefulness.  "Protecting Our Great Natural
Heritage" is at the heart and soul of what we do.

Thank you for all you do each and every day to help us realize that mission.

John Flicker

You are subscribed to Chapter-Communicator. To unsubscribe, send email to
chapter-communicator-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
//www.freelists.org/list/chapter-communicator.