[chapter-communicator] Audubon Newswire: Volume 3, Number 18

  • From: "TENNEFOSS, Lynn" <ltennefoss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 00:05:04 -0400

> Audubon Newswire - "News on Audubon Happenings"
> Volume 3, Number 18
> Friday, October 14, 2005
>
> In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.
> -- Aristotle
>
> In this Issue:
>
> -- Audubon Mississippi's Coastal Project Office Works to Promote the
> Recovery of
>     Habitat for Birds and Other Wildlife in Areas Stricken by
> Hurricane Katrina
> -- Audubon Recognizes Oregon's Siletz Bay as an Important Bird Area
> -- National Audubon Society Recognizes Five New Important Bird Areas
> in Virginia
> -- Audubon Ohio Asks Ohio EPA to Deny Permit to Destroy Wetlands on
> Middle Bass
>     Island
> -- Alafia Banks Bird Sanctuary to be Dedicated in Honor of Richard T.
> Paul
> -- Florida State Historical Marker for Audubon Warden
> -- The Goldman Environmental Prize Introduces New High School
> Environmental Ethics
>     Curriculum
> -- The Centennial Audubon Medal Gala, Honoring the Rockefeller Family,
> Raises Over
>     $1.1 Million To Date
>
> Announcements:
>
> -- Information on Avian Influenza Posted on Audubon's Website
> -- Reminder: There's Still Time to 'Bid With Your Lid'
> -- "60 Minutes" to Air Ivory-billed Woodpecker Story on October 16
> ---------------------------------
> Audubon Mississippi's Coastal Project Office Works to Promote the
> Recovery of Habitat for Birds and Other Wildlife in Areas Stricken by
> Hurricane Katrina
>
> Moss Point, MS, October 14, 2005 - Audubon Mississippi's Coastal
> Project Office, along with the Mississippi Coast Audubon Society and
> many other partners, is working to promote the recovery of habitat for
> birds and other wildlife in areas stricken by Hurricane Katrina. One
> level of that work, dubbed Operation Backyard Recovery by longtime
> local Audubon leader Judy Toups of Gulfport, focuses on families and
> communities. It follows many of the themes of Audubon at Home, namely
> that by taking personal conservation action, everyone can improve the
> environmental health and habitat quality close to home and,
> collectively, over the larger landscape.
>
> To read a summary of Operation Backyard Recovery see
> <http://www.msaudubon.org/includes/pdf/Operation%20Backyard%20Recovery
> .pdf>.
> To learn how you can support the work of Audubon across the Gulf
> Coast, see
> www.msaudubon.org/support <http://www.msaudubon.org/support>.
>
> For more information, contact Dr. Mark LaSalle, Audubon Mississippi's
> Coastal Project Director, at 228-475-0825 or mlasalle@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:mlasalle@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
> Audubon Recognizes Oregon's Siletz Bay as an Important Bird Area

> [...]
please contact the Chapter Services Office through e-mail at
<ltennefoss@xxxxxxxxxxx>, or by phone at (800) 542-2748.

You are subscribed to Chapter-Communicator. To unsubscribe, send email to
chapter-communicator-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
//www.freelists.org/list/chapter-communicator.