[chapter-communicator] ARCTIC VICTORY - THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

  • From: "BIANCHI, John" <JBIANCHI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'chapter-communicator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <chapter-communicator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:51:26 -0400

Friends -

Today's vote to protect the Arctic is the drill bit in the coffin for
drilling in the Arctic Refuge.  This is a tremendous victory for the
American people.  We have won an epic battle to protect one of the country's
last truly wild places.  I applaud the U.S. Senate for standing up to the
pro-oil drilling special interests and doing the right thing on behalf of
wildlife and conservation.

The Audubon family played a key role in this critical victory.  It shows the
best of what we can do when we combine our strengths to achieve a common
goal.  Everyone deserves a big thank you.  The Washington Public Policy
Office and the Alaska state office led the effort with key support from the
Board of Directors, Audubon's state offices, and our great chapter network
of volunteers.  We couldn't have done it without each of you.

My congratulations to all, and thank you!

John Flicker