[chaoscope] Win x64

  • From: Peter Ølting <iv_guru@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:07:43 +0100

Hi to all.

It calms my guilty conscience to know that
there are so many of you beta-testers out there.

    More power to you!

Cuz I would really like to be part of it
but Im afraid I would be promising more than I can do.
For right now that is - maybe next time....

Chaoscope on Win x64
--------------------
Just before Christmas I recieved my new computer.
It was a gift from my very good friend Martin.
(Short story: Im a pensionist - he makes good money
- no, I wont give you his phonenumber ;-)

The CPU is an AMD Athlon64 3200+ Venice BW.
OS is Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Well - I dont quite have I up and running yet
- driver-problems and so on.
I have tried to install a few applications
and most of them wont run.
Most of them because the install-guide
doesnt recognize Win x64
- so they wont even install.
Others cuz of those driver-problems.
Others - like Fractint - cuz theyre for
a different type of machine - it says.

But Chaoscope - thank heavens - runs!!!!
And it runs well - so far....
Exactly four(4) times faster than on my old 800mhz-machine.

So now - Nic - the obvious question is:
When will our beloved Chaoscope be able
to make use of these 64 bits???
It would be so nice....
Think about it
- twice as many iterations
- double speed....
I know - I know
- it might be a long way still
- and a lot of work...
Im not even sure - are there any languages for it yet???

Well - enough of this.

Bye for now.

May the fours be with you....
IV Guru