[chaoscope] Re: New preview bug

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:09:10 +0100

Hi François, hello all,

sorry for letting this one slip through!

I joined a parameters file.
If you load this, you'll get a strange behavior with the OpenGl preview. It seems half cutted. Only one part of the attractor is pre-rendered.
Notice there is a value out the normal limits

If you don't get this behavior I'll post a picture.

There was a bug and it's been corrected. The "half-Julia" problem reported by Kaze already exists in version 0.2.x and it's covered in detail by the third tutorial on the web site.

As François found out by accident, now the maximum iteration value is 2^32-1, twice what it was in previous versions.

Also, I came up with a new feature which wasn't planned at all : attraction animation. Very trippy. :-)

Nicolas Desprez