[chaoscope] Re: Development update, galleries, attitudes

  • From: kris northern <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 13:16:02 -0800

Chaoscope wrote:

Hi all,
Now then, did you know that people think they've correctly interpreted the tone of e-mails they receive 90 percent of the time, when in fact only 50 percent do? That's how flame wars start, in forums, newsgroups or mailing-list. It's true because I read it on Slashdot.
Or more aptly put - I know it's true because I've used slashdot ;)

I think it was very kind of Kris to come to Grumps' rescue in his very first post on this mailing-list. However I'm sure Grumps is old enough to take care of himself.
I don't consider it coming to grumps rescue. Very true, he can defend himself.. I was speaking from a standpoint of - I personally find it unpleasant and wanted to voice my opinion as a member of this list. The intention is not to start a flame war or politics. If anyone thinks I misinterpreted the tone or my actions were out of line they can feel free to have a civil discussion offlist with me about it - kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - I'm open to discourse and *gasp* the idea that I may be wrong ;)

moving right along .. I've been on this list for a good while now... lurking... and since you mention that was my very first post, lets see if I can try to do better on my second and properly introduce myself. My name is kris.. I love nerding out making fractal/chaos inspired artwork and actually spend a good portion of my day working on some vein of it.
My site has a small chaoscope gallery as I stopped playing with it after a week or so and decided to wait until a new version came out to persue further adventures in strange attractor land (mostly because the image resizing thing was too annoying for me)
http://www.phidelity.com

Im looking forward to seeing the new version of chaoscope and contributing in greater amounts to this budding community.
-kris