[chaoscope] 0.3.1 released and other things

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:40:16 +0100

Hi everyone,

0.3.1 officially released
-------------------------
I've made the release of 0.3.1 public. I've found a couple of bugs since last week but nothing serious and easily worked around. Now that 0.3.1 is out of the way we can talk about 0.4!

Off-topic posts
This subject was brought by valettajho sending a greeting card to the mailing-list. Although Chaoscope mailing-list can be considered as a community, since all subscribers/contributors have in common their interest in Chaoscope, I don't believe off-topic posts like those referring to international events are relevant. All Valettajho posts will be moderated until further notice.
As a general note, keep in mind that everything you write will be read by more than 300 people and it should always be worth the read. If you feel your post is only relevant to one person (i.e. when you want to congratulate someone for their artistic abilities) do so privately.
If you're new to the list and feel like asking a question, please search the archive (linked in the post footer) to make sure the question hasn't been asked before.

Erratic behaviour on Pentium Dual Core
François has been describing what seems to be a thread related problem on his Pentium D 830, a dual core CPU. The main issue is CPU resource usage staying at 50% while Chaoscope is idle. Has anyone with a dual core CPU (Intel or AMD) noticed something similar?

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez