[cgis_undergrad] Fwd: [Ica-osgeo-labs] ”Open Geospatial Science & Applications” webinar series invite - 26th January 2015

  • From: Serena Coetzee <serenacoetzee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: upggm_postgrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cgis_undergrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 09:46:08 +0200

--
Serena Coetzee

Geography Building 3-5
Centre for Geoinformation Science, Department Geography, Geoinformatics and
Meteorology, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X20, Hatfield, 0028, South
Africa
email: serena.coetzee@xxxxxxxx Web: www.up.ac.za/cgis
Mobile: +27 82 464 4294 · Tel: +27 12 420 3823 · Fax: +27 12 420 6385

Begin forwarded message:

From: Suchith Anand <Suchith.Anand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Ica-osgeo-labs] ”Open Geospatial Science & Applications” webinar
series invite - 26th January 2015
Date: January 16, 2015 at 4:45:11 PM GMT+2
To: "ica-osgeo-labs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ica-osgeo-labs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear All,

The ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Lab Network, MundoGEO and UN Environment Programme are now
pleased to inform the first webinar in 2015 of the ”Open Geospatial Science &
Applications” webinar series. This webinar will be open and free to all on
first come register basis.

Webinar:   Q(GIS) Trainings: Functionality Vs. Application
Date:   Monday, January 26, 2014
Time:   4:00 PM - 5:00 PM GMT

Register  at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8384241619076745985
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information
about joining the Webinar.

Speakers:

Mrs. Ela Wołoszyńska-Wiśniewska: geographer and hydrologist. Coordinator of
geospatial education activities in UNEP/GRID-Warsaw Centre.

Mrs. Monika Rusztecka: geographer and geoecologist. Head of the Geoinformation
Unit involved in development and implementation of spatial information systems,
web-based applications and geoportals as well as GIS data processing, spatial
analyses and environmental data management.

This webinar will be based on more than twenty years of experience in
geospatial education gathered by UNEP/GRID-Warsaw Centre. We will discuss
‘functionality vs. application’ methods applied in our geotrainings, based
mainly on QGIS. Example of the ‘INSPIRE Academy’ will be used to show specific
approach to development of complex geotraining programs. Webinar will include
short live presentation of QGIS online course developed as a part of geospatial
education program.

Webinar is dedicated to all members of geospatial community interested in
development of effective geotrainings, in particular, educators working with
students and trainers providing geoinformation courses for companies and
individuals. It is also suitable for all professionals looking for new ways to
broaden their geoskills.

Attendees will be able to interact with the speakers by sending their comments
and questions through chat. All attendees of this web seminar will receive
certificates for their participation.

UNEP/GRID-Warsaw Centre http://www.gridw.pl is our first ICA-OSGeo lab  in
Poland and i had the pleasure of visiting them two years back and was very
impressed by the excellent work they are doing. So i definitely recommend this
webinar  to all to hear directly from our colleagues there. The recordings will
also be available for later viewing at
http://mundogeo.com/webinar/opengeoscienceandapplications/  and
http://www.geoforall.org

We look forward to your participation for the webinar.

Best wishes,

Suchith

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.