[Census] humble requests for the next version

  • From: Lars Lindbom <lindbom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: census@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:15:45 +0200

Hi Justin,

I have a small list of things that would make Census even better than it is
today (in my opinion, but maybe other people will agree).

I would love to have a slightly more advanced numerical summary for single
runs (e.g. final runs that you would like to add to a report). Version A
would have Census create an Excel table with column one having the parameter
names, column two the estimates and columns three the standard errors.
Version B would use an intelligent format (of your choice) to identify which
IIV parameter that belongs to which fixed effect and append a fourth and
fifth column with IIV (%CV) and standard error. It could even be expanded to
IOV.

In my own projects, I keep my numbering of the run files as pure digits –
since it is more tidy and since Census likes that. However, it happens from
time to time that I get involved in projects that have already started where
there is a mixture of digits and letters, e.g. run9A.mod. This is also fine
with Census as long as you don’t try to add a child to that run. An SQL
error is thrown and nothing happens… and I have to calculate the delta OFV
by hand, poor me.

The last point is the possibility to move a Census data base (i.e. to make
the paths to the run files relative to the data base files) This is an old
request, but it is something that really would make it possible to share
projects.

Cheers,

Lars