[Celestial Prime] This is Marcon

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: celestialprime@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:40:25 EDT

This is what MARCON is about.

As the chilly days begin to grow longer, we are reminded that Spring is on
the way.  Did you know that February 2nd marks the halfway point between  the
winter solstice and spring equinox?  And with spring comes...  Marcon.

Marcon is one of the Midwest's oldest and largest science fiction
conventions.  This year's theme is a commemoration of Star Trek's 40th
anniversary, and
it promises to be a fabulous con!

You can get lots more information about the convention and its guests and
activities at the official website, _www.marcon.org_ (http://www.marcon.org/) .

The convention hospitality suite, or "con suite" will be hosted this year  by
a staff of CPA hosts and players, and we'd LOVE to have you join us.   Staff
memberships are only $10.00 if registered by the April 1st deadline.

Here's the paragraph of publicity that is going out in a mailing to  1500
Marcon attendees next week, regarding the con suite and our group:

In keeping with this year's convention theme, the con suite will be
transformed into Nowhere Station, a place where beings from all universes can
gather
to meet and socialize!  Your con suite staff will feature hosts and  members
of the Celestial Prime Alliance, a Star Trek-themed online roleplaying  group.
We'll be serving up a wide array of your favorites, and some new  delicacies
as well.  Planned are a Friday evening sushi party, Saturday  afternoon ice
cream social, continental breakfasts both mornings, and a special  treat
Saturday night, as well as a variety of soft drinks and munchies both  healthy
and
not-so-healthy to be offered all day long.  Special dietary  requests will be
accepted for the ice cream social and breakfasts, so that we  can provide a few
items suitable for those with diabetes and/or celiac  disorder.  Extended
overnight hours are planned for Saturday night,  depending on staff
availability.
Join us for a bite -- we promise not to  bite back!

If YOU are interested in joining this staff (and having plenty of time to
enjoy the rest of the convention), please e-mail me for a copy of the staff
registration form.  I have been asked to submit most (if not all) of my
staff's
forms together, so it will be simple to fill out and e-mail back to  me.

Keep in mind that while the convention begins Friday afternoon, there will
be a special reception Thursday evening for the staff and the convention guests
 -- so if you are able to be present then, you will get to meet the guests in
a  smaller gathering.  Also, if there are particular guests that our staff
are  interested in meeting, I will try to arrange something just for us.

Please do browse the website at _www.marcon.org_ (http://www.marcon.org/)
and let me know ASAP if you  would like to be a part of this great convention.
(I will also arrange  hotel room sharing to help everyone keep costs down.)

Thanks!

Chandra (Commander Sarah Mollin, USS Avogadro)