[cedarfirememorial] Cedar Fire Memorial ideas

  • From: "Bob Robeson" <bobroby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cedarfirememorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:59:08 -0700

Ingrid,

From our last meeting notes, I'm offering my thoughts about what the CFM
should display.

Simply put, I feel the Memorial area should be a "walk through" or wheel
chair through concept; displaying "before, during and after" history of
areas in Lakeside that were devastated during the Cedar Fire.

1.        The "before" would start at the entrance and display the typical
flora and fauna for our area with a shade tree, bench with table for
lunching and pictures of homes in the areas etc.

2.       The next display would show the fire history display board with
artistic fire drawings, poems, photos and names of fatalities and homes that
were lost etc.

3.       The final display would show todays recovery efforts with native
fire resistive plants, trees for shade and benches for relaxing and having
lunch etc.

As visitors enter they follow a trail through each display and back to the
entrance / exit.

Bob Robeson