[cdvdburn] Re: Problem with DVD burner

  • From: Thomas Milius <Thomas-Milius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 15:48:03 +0200

In message <ce5449834d.Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Thomas Milius <Thomas-Milius@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <86eb41834d.Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Thomas Milius <Thomas-Milius@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another remark to my problem. I just tried to write again to my DVD-RW.
> I noted a really silly effect:
>
> 1. I cleared the disc
> 2. I wrote my isoimage (4MB in this case). -> Endless Loop
> 3. Switched off system and switched on again.
> 4. Tried to write isoimage again. And yes this seems to work!
>    The data writing proceeding indicator moves to 100%. Afterwards
>    DVD-RW is fixed.
> 5. I can't read the DVD. Nor by CDFS (which isn't a surprise) neither
>    by Track reading of CDVDBurn.
>
> This seems as that there is a missing part inside the burning
> initialisation of CDVDBurn.
>
> Does anyone now how to adapt existing drivers for CDFS on the Iyonix?

Another result at my DVD burning/reading problems. I just detected
that the firmware of my LG is version 1.02. The actual version is
1.04. I am trying to upgrade. LG says that the upgrade cures some DVD
reading and writing problems. Perhaps this explains why Steffen could work
with his drive and I only with restrictions.

Regards

Thomas Milius