[cdvdburn] CDBurn/RO 4.39 issue

  • From: lists <Stuartlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cdvdburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:42:13 +0000 (GMT)

I've not seen any traffic on this list for a long time so I hope it's
still active. (Also posted to c.s.a.apps)

It's been a long time since I attempted burning any CDs as I now have a
NAS and do all my back-ups to it. However, it occurred to me the other
day, that it might be a good idea to have some back-ups stored away from
the house (I always used to keep a set at work when I was working).

My first thought was to burn on my PC (quicker) but it looses some of the
RO file-types in the process, (no surprise there) so I decide to do the
job directly.

I sorted out some files and commenced preparing an Isoimage. It seemed to
be getting on with the job quite happily when, suddenly, all the windows
closed, it disappeared off the icon bar and left an undeletable open file.

I shut down the computer and, after a re-start, attempted the procedure
again with the same result. I tried different sets of files and each time
the result was the same.

The above was all on my Kinetic running RO4.39

Using my older RPC, which doesn't have a burner fitted and is at 4.37, the
procedure worked quite satisfactorily and an Isoimage was produced. I have
not yet had the time to transfer the image to my Kinetic to try burning it
but I was wondering if there are known issues.

Both machines have CDBurn 1.61.

I realise I can upgrade to CDVDBurn but for the occasional burn like this,
being a mean old sod, (It's also /that/ time of the year) I would rather
not unless I have to and can be sure that it would work properly if I did.

Note. I'm /fairly/ sure I have burnt CDs on the Kinetic before but it was
probably on its original RO4.03

--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
()  no proprietary attachments; no html mail