[cccameraclub] Re: Minolta camera repair

  • From: "Roy" <rtiemeyer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 21:42:47 -0500

Havel Camera in San Antonio used to be an authorized Minolta Repair facility,
not sure if they still are, but they might be able to fix something simple,
especially if they don't need new parts.
Since Sony took over, this outfit is the only place I'm 100% certain can do the
job.
http://www.precisioncamera.com/
They are licensed by Sony to repair Minolta gear, have access to repair
manuals, spec sheets, etc..  Spare parts can still be a problem, tho.
I've also heard that KEH has a pretty good repair shop that can handle at least
some Minolta gear, and costs a good bit less than Precision.
Last resort, try posting at Dyxum.com;  web site devoted to the Minolta/Sony AF
mount.

Hope this helps.

Dr. T

          From: Vaughn Westheimer <tufkat@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [cccameraclub] Minolta camera repair
          To: cccameraclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 9:07 PM

          Someone asked me if I know of someone in Corpus Christi who can
repair a Minolta SLR camera.  If not in Corpus Christi, do you know where he
can get it repaired?  I don't know what the problem with the camera is or the
exact model (although it is not a new camera).

          Thanks

          Vaughn