[cas_announce] Upcoming CAS Program: Our Magnificent Moon

  • From: Craig Niemi <craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Announce CAS_ <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:24:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear CAS Members,

We hope everyone had a great 4th!
Just a reminder of our upcoming program this weekend.
We hope you can come lend a hand.

Remember CAS members have free admission to our public stargazes and be sure to
help pass the word.

Valerie and I can;t be there. We're in Upper Michigan keeping an eye out for
Northern Lights.

Thanks,
Craig

Our
Magnificent Moon

Forty two years ago this July mankind first walked on the Moon.
Its surface was described by Apollo 11 astronauts as “Magnificent Desolation”.
It
is still the only body in our solar system humans have ever visited. At a mere
quarter million miles away, it is an impressive sight through any telescope.
The view through CAS’s powerful scopes is
startling. You’ll feel like an astronaut in orbit!

Find out how the Moon’s craters were made. Are there really seas on the Moon?
We’ll erase misconceptions about the Moon’s creation and the Full Moon’s
supposed affect on humans. There will be astronomical activities & displays
for all ages and refreshments will be available.

Saturday
     July 9thProgram
     begins at 8:30pm.  Viewing
      follows after 9pm
      (weather permitting)Admission $3.00 per person.Under 12 Free Open to all
ages.No reservations required.All
     events are held at The Cincinnati Astronomical Society

     5274 Zion Rd. Cleves, OH 45002   (near the Mitchell
      Memorial Forest)

Visit our website and Facebook for a
listing of all our public, scout and school events for 2011.

http://www.cinastro.org