[cas_announce] CASKids Saturday Dec 7th CANCELD

  • From: Craig Niemi <craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Announce CAS_ <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:47:48 -0800 (PST)

CANCELED
CASKIDS: The Deep Skies of Winter
Sat. December 7th
With today's snow and Saturday's frigid temperatures we have canceled our
December 7th CASKids Youth Astronomy Programs.

We hope you can join us next Saturday for one of our upcoming public programs!

How to Buy a Telescope
Saturday December 14th
8pm at the CAS Headquarters
Do you want to get a telescope for yourself, child, or significant other and
aren't sure where to start? Should you buy new, used, GoTo, Dobsonian?
So many choices! Learn the lingo and get informed for the holidays! Stop by our
headquarters for a free talk on telescope-buying and peruse the
many examples of scopes we'll have set up. If it's clear out we'll open
our huge scopes and take in the great winter skies!
Free, No reservations needed.

Cosmic Dust "Bunnies"
Saturday December 14th
7pm at Woodland Mound Park in Anderson Township.
CAS President Terry Endres will talk about how exploding stars are
responsible for making everything from solar systems to bunny rabbits.
All it takes is a few billion years and a bit of cosmic dust.
Free, No reservations needed.
Great Parks of Hamilton County vehicle permit required