[cas_announce] CAS "Presentation Workshop" Tues 2/24

  • From: Craig Niemi <craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Announce CAS_ <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 06:06:42 -0800 (PST)

Dear CAS Members,

Terry Endres has scheduled a series of sessions on how to develop and deliver
astronomy presentations. The workshop is open to all regardless of your
astronomical knowledge or experience giving presentations.  We encourage those
more experienced in giving public programs to share their experiences and
helpful tips.
Our goal is to increase the pool of CAS members who can give first-rate public,
school and scout presentations.

The first session is scheduled for Tuesday February 24th.
7:15pm at the CAS Headquarters.
The session will cover:
    How to pick a topic.
    How to develop your idea into a program.
    PowerPoint basics.
Your homework will be to prepare a short (15-20 min) program on the topic of
your choice that will be delivered to the group at the 3rd session.

Please RSVP by Sunday (2/22) to Craig at craig_niemi@xxxxxxxxx so we can order
enough pizza for everyone.

Session #2 will be held on Tuesday March 10th, 7:15pm and will concentrate on
PowerPoint, basic presentation skills and advise about your presentation.
We'll also look at the outreach supplies available including the NightSky
Toolkits and Project Astro handbooks.

Session #3 date will be announced later.

Hope to see you there,
Craig Niemi
Terry Endres
Outreach Committee co-chairs.