[cas_announce] Apollo 11 nights

  • From: "Endres, Terence" <terence.endres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cas_announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:15:01 -0400

Our first Apollo 11 night is this Monday, July 20.  I've heard from a number of
folks who will be assisting that night, and I hope a few others will drop by to
lend a hand.

The evening will begin with a general discussion of the event.  Hopefully, some
of our visitors will have memories of that evening to share.  We'll also have
some memorabilia around to chat about.  Then we will have a presentation on
what we learned from the Apollo missions.  If the skies are clear, we'll have
some vieing, but the Moon won't be avaialble.  I think we can put together
enough double starts, planetary nebulae a globular clusters to interest any
visitors.  If the skies are not clear, we can run a video.

The schedule will be similar for July 28.  On this date, however, the Moon will
be in first quarter.

I would really appreciate the attendance, on one or both of these nights, of
those members who expressed interest in becoming presenters.  I haven't had a
chance to set up a formal meeting to draft a presenter's schedule for the fall.
 If you folks could drop by, we could probably find time to start working on a
schedule.  Jupiter is coming back around, and I'd like to get something firmed
up for that event.