[cambsmc] Seasons Greetings

  • From: "Peter Robinson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("pbmr")
  • To: cambsmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 13:16:08 +0000 (GMT)

Hi  Flyers

Mary and I wish You the very best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.
We thank you for your support and for putting up with us for yet another flying season and we hope for great flying year to come.
It has been a difficult year for the condition of the airfield, record drought and cold spell not to mention the heavy rain have taken their toll and we thank you for your cooperation re the use of the runways. the leveling of the surfaces and reseeding looks to be successful and we are much encouraged by the condition of the runways, avoiding where possible any bare looking patches until they recover ie using the taxiway or taxi on the sides rather than the centre even if you can safely manage to take off and land slightly off centre and land as close to the "numbers" as possible
Given relatively normal weather they should make a full recovery.
Despite everything we are pleased the airfield has stayed open when others have had to stop flying.
Looking forward to 2023
Best wishes
Pete R and Mary
✈  😃