<CT> calmira.org

  • From: Gaby.Chaudry@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gaby Chaudry)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:28:16 +0100

Hi to all!

Below is a excerpt from the mail I got from snapnames.com today.
Any ideas what we can do now?
Perhaps negotiate with the current owner (ultsearch.com)?

Gaby

Your backorder for calmira.org is current and active.

I'm very sorry that we were unable to obtain calmira.org for you.
During
day 35 and day 36 of the PendingDelete status, we send a stream of
add
requests to the registry at a pace of several times per second. As
long
as the name is in the registry database, every add request will fail.
The instant the name is deleted from the registry database, the next
add
request will succeed, and all that follow it will once again fail. There
is global competition, and neither we nor any competitor can
guarantee
acquisition of a domain name. In this case one of our competitors
acquired the name a fraction of a second ahead of us.

Our acquisition system is several times redundant, and functions
extremely reliably. The change notification system depends on a
complex
interdependant WhoIs database system over which we have limited
control.
While the alerts are not relevant to acquisition, they are certainly
important. Under the circumstances, I will offer to refund your
backorder as you request.  The refund for $69.00 has been processed
[snip]