<CT> W32.BugBear@mm email trojan

  • From: GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:49:39 EDT

Hiya List,
Well, I have checked my stored ZIP of IEDIAL16.ZIP at the
tmonroe FTP site, all appears well with it.  So, if I may be
so bold...IF anyone on the list is also running a Win9X
machine, please visit the Symantec web site and download
a couple of the free trojan removal tools.  Symantec has
one for the Klez variants and should have one for BugBear
also.  Since BugBear will turn off Win9X antivirus and
firewall processes, anyone using Win9X and Outlook/
Outlook Express (or, as I call it, LookOut and LookOut
Extreme) needs to do this. Either that, or boot your
PC to plain old DOS, and then use a DOS scanner such
as F-Prot to scan for email trojans.
See you later!
Glenn
GLENNRPH