<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V2 #24

  • From: "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:52:25 -0600

>choice of All3D and Z3DC, the former works better IMHO. Also, if you
>install
>Quicktime, for some reason your control panel applets become 3D. I wouldn't
>recommend it though, QT sucks.

That explains it...All3D never did that for me before.

>I'll add that RW is very old, buggy, 16-bit software which Borland is still
>selling for money, so I can't make it available to download; if you have
>Delphi 5 or a Borland C product then you probably have it.

Turbo C++ 4.5  :)

>There are a few hacks missing from the screenshot - I have modified CTL3D
>bitmaps on my site, but didn't have them in the screenshot; and I did once
>rearrange that dialogue in RW to look better, but lost it when messing
>around with suspend-to-disk software which kindly overwrote the first 32MB
>of my disk (ie. the boot data and FATs).

I love your CTL3D.  :)

>+ Log on as another user

Does that include log off?

>+ 'Open With' lists registered programs

I've been waiting for that.  :)

I didn't see LFN... Also, is there a problem with 3.1?  I have my BIOS set
to set the comp to sleep after 10 or 20 mins (and can't get into the setup
without hdd errs), and Cal3.1 keeps losing my mouse support after this
happening about 5 times or so.  Cal 2.2SR doesn't do it.

Ross