<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V2 #189

  • From: GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:07:17 EST

Pete,

You are hereby forgiven of any transgressions, hehe!  Actually, you came to a
similar conclusion as I did, only I decided that prior to ever installing and
running Linux.  Linux does have potential, but in my opinion it's still not
ready for prime time.  If a person loves to tinker and play with their
system, and has a lot of time on hand, Linux might offer a viable
alternative.  But, for the "average" PC user (whoever they may be, hehe),
it's just to difficult to find all the needed drivers for various
peripherals, not to mention the various setup files needed, and as you
noticed, there just aren't very many applications at present that run on
Linux.

We live and learn though!
See you later!
Glenn