<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V1 #43

  • From: "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 07:33:16 -0600

>For DR-DOS, go to www.caldera.com/drdos. Now their priority is linux. And
>if
>you notice some of the features of DR-DOS are very similar to linux
>commands
>and features. Maybe there is some way to run Windows 9x under DR-DOS.
>Possibly even Win ME.. maybe not.

Yeah.  There are a lot of commands and apps for FreeDOS similiar to
Linux...Tiny EDitor, VIM, emacs, pg, more, touch, etc.  Many, many apps.

>Hmm... The computer froze? No surprise there. <Cough>Get Linux</Cough>

I have Linux....

> > If I get that working, I just need to fix my mouse (haha) so I can get
>back
> > to Calmira.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
>GL! BTW, does your keyboard go into USB too? I think the company that built
>your computer went a little USB crazy there. LoL. All you really need to do
>is replace your motherboard with another PC-66 model. Or, get a Gigabyte
>GA-7DX, a 1.2GHz Athlon, and 256MB DDR memory!! That'll give you the
>fastest
>non-server PC you can get!

No, no, no.  Wrong computer.  My 486 runs on PS/2.  :)

But, do you have any suggestions for the path for FreeDOS?

>in posts to this list. I don't know whether to read it, delete or what.
>Would y'all be so kind as to change the subject to one corresponding to
>the post IN the digest you're replying to?
>P.S. I'm allowing 48 hours; anybody who replies to the digest after
>that without changing the subject line will be gently and mildly flamed
>by name. Or do we have a moderator who can take care of this issue,
>perhaps filtering or bouncing messages that reply with the digest name
>in the subject line? Thanks.

Some of us reply to many topics.  There's a choice of <CT> Re: calmira_tips
Digest V1 #xx, or something like <CT> Re: topic 1, problem 1, suggestion1,
worthless comment, <OT> Win95, topic2

The reply to the digest topic is actually better....plus, you can see it all
without screwing around with the client.

Ross

Merry Christmas!
Happy Hanukkah!
Happy Kwanzaa!