<CT> Our Rights.

  • From: Alan Grimes <alangrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:45:04 -0500

I think it is time to start considering our rights as a windows 3.x
community in the face of the undue influence microsoft is having over
the future of our computer use. I think we should begin considering a
legal action that will seek to reveal the technical specifications to
wich our windows software was written so that we may maintain
alternative versions should we so choose. Given that the version of
windows that I am running reports itself to have been finalized in
november of 1993, Microsoft has no valid claims for continuing to
conseal this important information as it is not of any further
commercial value to them except as a lever to force us to move to their
next generation of rented software. =(

--
People who work on computers use linux; People who work on life use
Macintosh =)