[cad-linux] Re: perlcad

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:19:32 -0600

> The following was supposedly scribed by
> phrostie
> on Monday 09 February 2004 07:26 pm:

>i noticed that at the  http://perlcad.com/download/ url the version has been
>upgraded to 0.2 since this morning.

Don't get confused.  That's  "0.0-2"

I've just heard from the developer today and it sounds like the first public
release (you aren't supposed to find those "0.0-*" files) will be 0.1, but
won't be ready for a while still.

I can't quite get it to build, but I don't have a "proper" perl5.8.2 install
(I've got to keep some other running code stable on 5.6.1 because of several
module issues, so 5.8.2 is in /usr/local and `which perl` doesn't take you
there.)

From looking at the source, I can tell you that you aren't going to get a lot
of entities at this point (rectangle + line + circle) but if you have a
perl5.8.2 with a PerlQt3, it might be worth a peek at the interface.  (I just
realized, maybe I can tiptoe (ssh) into my wife's gentoo laptop and check it
out:-)

--Eric
--
"Chess is a foolish expedient for making idle people believe
they are doing something very clever when they are only wasting