[cad-linux] Re: lx-viewer 0.93a

  • From: AJBIBB@xxxxxxx
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 21:34:30 EST

Keith,

At least I can say I don't have your problem with wives removing hardware.
Of course yesterday mine called me out of the basement (where my Linux
computer is) to show her how to turn off spell check in her E-mail program.
Still quicker than a trip to the computer store I suppose.

Just to let you know I have started inserting your icons into the program.  I
started with EXIT and it looks great.  I figured out how to use the QIconSet
class so there is now a menu pick that allows you to select large or small
tool buttons on the fly.

I have also finished up the documentation for the print functions and have
started working on the layer manager system.  Per your request at the cadopia
forum I am making the layer bar windows work similar to Autocad's, but I
placed them in the status bar like Icad. After I got all of this blocked out
I discovered that it is possible to put them in tool bars like Acad.  I'll be
interested in seeing where people like them before I decide if it is worth
changing the code.  Be warned: the icons I made for the layer bar
(on,off,freeze,thaw,lock,unlock, etc) are UGLY!!!!  After fooling around for
a couple of hours I finally got on/off where I liked them (a green light and
red light) , took a break (and a bike ride) and realized while on the ride
that they will not work at all for anyone who is color blind.  I really hate
this artist stuff.

Andy