[cad-linux] Re: iges import

  • From: Maurizio Ferrari <mferrari@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:59:30 +0200

phrostie wrote:

> awhile back some one on the list had posted a comment about Varicad's iges
> import being only 2D.  i was wondering and tested a few others.
>
> i had a geodesic sphere that i had modeled in Catia and exported to iges.
> i was using it as a test case and it also comes up in 2D in not only Varicad
> but Rhino3D(Wine) also.  i'd tested rhino before and can export 3D geometry
> to iges and get a 3D model back.  the same is also true of the iges
> translator for catia.  i think at least part of the problem is
> incompatabliities between iges versions/translators.
>
> just ramblings

Iges import in Realsoft3D for Linux is good.

If you want to see a picture of a Catia IGES project, loaded in R3D for
Linux, and raytraced, click on
http://www.slot.it/eng/audi.html

Regarding VariCAD, I think the problem lies in the modelling kernel
limitations, as it does not support nurbs neither, so far, 'circles as
circles' but rather uses 'approximations of circles by segments'. Just
my thought.

Regards

Maurizio

--
Galileo Engineering
Via Zacchetti 6

Slot.it is a trademark of Galileo Engineering