[cad-linux] Re: cad application for linux

  • From: "Ga�l" Varoquaux <gvaroquaux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:34:32 -0800 (PST)

   I every one

> The reason for this long post, however, is that, in my
> experience, one application is far superior to all the others, for
> both
> 2d & 3d work, again, for architectural work, and since it hasn't
> been
> mentioned much, I thought to do so. That is Octree,
> http://www.octree.de.

  I have tested Octree quite fully and eventhough I agree it is quite
powerful, I think it is not currently usable. It works with mouse
mouvements (see the webpage). However if someone gets in it a command
line (like in autocad), menus, and shortcuts (configurable of course)
to get instand access to the "cards" as they call it, I think we have
the base of a full scale serious project.

  You should try it out, just to see the work that has been done,
eventhought the UI is to be completed (that should not be to
dificult)

  Good luck with your work, I admire it.

     Gael

http://mailplus.yahoo.com