[cad-linux] Why this Group? -- Was: 2D versus 3D thoughts: list of candidates

  • From: lee.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:00:03 -0800

The only thing I disagree with Kim on is the list of "needs" before going
outside the group.  I think dwelling on the details of architecture or
specifications would be a mistake.  Those things are important, but not as much
as the message.

The greatest asset this group has is your collective experience with _using_
CAD to design and build things that make life better.  If you can distill that
experience into a message and vision, you can spread it and get it acted upon,
I guarantee.  You (the designers of the world) are the ones creating the
medical devices, homes, bridges, and internets that make life better for us
all.  Tell people that.  Also tell them how and when CAD gets in the way of
doing that, and how it can be made better.  OpenSource is as much about passion
as anything else.