[cad-linux] Not open source, but it's free

  • From: "Nancy Weber-Zehren" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 10:16:38 -0600

Synergy is a mechanical CAD system with emphasis on CAM for driving CNC
 machines.

 We have the full system available for download for Linux at:

 http://www.webersys.com/free

 The complete download is about 38 Mb.

 We have the following formats built/tested:

 DEB format for Ubuntu(7.04,7.1,8.04)
 RPM format for Fedora Core 9

 Older releases available for:

 RPM format for Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
 RPM format for Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586
 RPM format for Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Community) for i586
 RPM format for SuSE 9.0
 RPM format for Novell 9.0
 RPM format for Slackware 10.0
 DEB format for Debian 3.1
 gzipped tar file for all of the above

 The gzip format requires a few command lines to unpack.
 The RPM format makes for easier installation but is sensitive to minor
 library
 differences and can refuse to install.

 You are free to use the CAD portion of Synergy for an unlimited time.
 The CAM and Solid Modeling portions will require an access code.
 You can get a free 30 day trial access code by sending the ID and version
 number
 that appears in the dialog box that appears when you access those areas of
 the system.
 Or,
 You can force Synergy to display the information by typing:
 \Xaccess (Enter)
 in the input line.

 Send your information to info@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 Under the Help button, you will find _How to Lessons

Nancy Weber-Zehren
Weber Systems, Inc.
W134 N5514 Campbell Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051