[cad-linux] Link to viewer

  • From: AJBIBB@xxxxxxx
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 07:50:41 EST

Keith,

Thanks for providing the link to the viewer project.  Immediately after I
posted last night Ithough about it, but decided nah - everybody knows it.  Oh
well... thanks for covering for me.

For what is is worth I am using Caldera Open Desktop (v 2.4I think) Linux.  I
picked Caldera mostlyfor the install programs they have.  Both the install
and the operating system seem to work really well although I think the Linux
version may be somewhat out of date right now.  The only program I downloaded
and compiled is QT v2.3.  I approached this with much trepidation, but when
it was all said and done it worked fine. I hate upgrading any program (one of
my biggest complaints with AutoCad) and probably will not upgrade Linux until
I have to.

Donâ??t worry about the icons.  When you get to them Iâ??ll be happy to put
them
in.  I put a little push on the program this weekend, but that is it for a
while.  I need to find 15 Professional Development Hours before now and Dec.
31.  Drives me nuts â?? learning C++ and using it to write a program does not
count for hours, but listening to some boring speaker talk about permitting
at a technical society meeting does.  Go figure.

Anyway â?? talk to you all soon.

Andy