[cad-linux] Fanuc Programming

  • From: Christopher Fowler <cfowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:15:38 -0400

I'm begining to work on a project to allow
the Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 to download programs to
a typical CNC machine via a serial cable.  I originally
was going to to this on Palm OS but the amount of
ramp up time required is too great.  I've programmed under
Linux for a long time so it should be much easier.  I do
not wish to duplicate any efforts that may be in place.
Does anyone know of such a product that runs under Linux and
will allow me to send and receive G-Code programs from
a CNC machine like the Faunc.

Thanks,
Chris