[cad-linux] Re: DWF Files - A Challenge to You

  • From: Steve Hall <digitect@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 12:29:58 -0400

What is the big deal about DWF, would not a Free Software DWG be
preferable? DWF is just a DWG with variable permission levels
(read-only, versioning) and embedded annotation layers. It's for people
who don't want to pay for "CAD", but will pay something for viewers and
markup capability.

If we had good/fast/light CAD software, nobody would care about viewers.
(For example, there is very little need for a DOC viewer.)

My $0.02.

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]