[cad-linux] Catia comparisons

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:56:27 -0400

not a linux article, but but we did have someone asking about catia features
and costs.  this will give you an idea.

http://www.caddigest.com/subjects/solidworks/select/cadcamnet_catia.htm

<snip>
CATIA and SolidWorks are both feature-based, dimension-driven solid modelers
running on Intel/Windows systems. They even look the same - at least
superficially - employing Windows look and feel with menus, button bars, and
graphical feature and assembly trees. Both are owned by the same company. Yet
CATIA sells for $16,500 (2001 average) vs. $4,995 for SolidWorks. What do you
get for the higher price?
</snip>

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
//www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux