[cad-linux] Bricscad V10 beta for linux

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 05:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

I know this crowd has mixed feelings about Intellicad, but i just got an email
from the folks over at Bricsys.
they have a downloadable Beta of their latest Intellicad for Linux.
i haven't tried it yet myself, but will be downloading tonight when i get home.

"We our proud to announce the beta version of Bricscad V10 for Linux. Bricscad
is recognized as the number one alternative CAD platform for the DWG file
format. Now it finally becomes available as a native Linux version. It's the
most advanced CAD platform available for Linux and opens the door to Linux for
the engineering community.

DOWNLOAD:
 http://www.bricsys.com/open/en_INTL/common/download.jsp?p´L&mwP0&mhP0&utm_source=mailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=linuxbeta

In this version
The beta version of Bricscad V10 for Linux contains the complete DCL and LISP
APIs. Existing applications and customizations written for Windows-based
Bricscad and/or AutoCAD® using these APIs can run on Bricscad V10 for Linux
without modification. Initially, Bricscad will support two Linux flavors, Red
Hat and Ubuntu. The Bricscad beta program
Since January 2010, a select number of users have tested several alpha
releases. Today, Bricscad V10 for Linux is sufficient stable to be released to
the public as beta software. Those wishing to try out Bricscad V10 for Linux
can download the software. The first commercial version will be released at the
end of June, 2010. "

phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS