[cad-linux] Re: Arris Cad

  • From: "Robert Davis" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:14:58 -0700

A co-worker of mine used Arris for years and loved it. He still murmurs
aboutit's ability to do things that @#$%CAD still can't. Armed with that
rousing endorsement, I contacted Arris and they told me that since moving
over to the Windoze platform they have no intention of porting to Linux. Too
bad, I think they're missing out on a great market segment.

Rob

phrostie wrote:
not being familiar with Arris(i'm a mech guy) Cad i went to their page to
look around. i could not find anything showing a unix version of any kind.
doyou have a link to one? --- rb <>wrote: Just wondering whether there are
any architects on the list who have either used Arriscad on one of the
commercial Unix platforms or who have tried to install it on a Linux system?
And what the experiences might have been...tried searching the list archive,
but nothing came up. Thanks, rupert ===== phrostie Oh I have slipped the
surly bonds of DOS and danced the skies on Linux silvered wings.
http://pfrostie.freeservers.com/cad-tastrafy/[1]
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux[2]
MailPlus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com[3]

--- Links ---