[cad-linux-dev] Re: CAD data - text file formats

  • From: Massimiliano Mirra <mmirra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD linux development <cad-linux-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:22:32 +0200

Bruno Postle <bruno@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 'Xspace' takes an approach that each basic object like a 'line' is a
> directory containing a file for each attribute/key - The advantage
> is that these can be symbolic links.

Just to clarify two things:

1) in xSpace a directory holds a file that contains some blocks of
   geometric data, where each block represents a polyline, and
   subdirectories organized in the same way;

2) it's not really an approach. ;-) I just concentrated on the modes
   of operation and left reasoning about the data format for later.

Massimiliano (busy as hell, but following all discussions)