[bvipilots] Re: audio of a real glider flight

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 15:35:38 -0400

Sounds like someone had some early birthday fun.
Did you get to have any stick time at the controls while you wre up?
Now I wonder if I can get a birthday present like that since My birthday is this coming Friday. GRIn.
Glad you enjoyed it.

-----Original Message----- From: Jason Fayre
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:01 PM
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] audio of a real glider flight

Hi everyone,
I know this isn't IYP related, but I thought some of you might be
interested.
This past Sunday, my girlfriend arranged for me to take a flight in a
glider as an early birthday present.  Yes, she is awesome! The glider
holds 2 people, one sitting behind the other.  I was in the front seat
and the pilot was behind me.  You are attached to a Tow plane by about
200 feet of roap.  The plane tows you up and then you disconnect and
very slowly glide down.  If the conditions are right, meaning lots of
thermals, you can stay up indefinately.
The steady tones and beeps you will hear in the background is something
called a Variometer.  It is used to tell the pilot when you are rising
or descending.
This recording started just before the canepy was closed and covers the
entire flight, which was about 15 minutes.  Because it is so late in the
season, air conditions were not conducive for good gliding.
At any rate, enjoy.  Here is the link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1700326/glider_flight.mp3

bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your message.