[bvipilots] Re: X plane accessibility

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 17:24:36 -0400

I've tried down loading and installing the demo.
But I even couldn't install the demo of X-Plane.
So what does that tell you.
Sorry to give bad news about the X-Plane project.
Ron

-----Original Message----- From: Tyler Kavanaugh
Sent: Saturday, August 5, 2017 04:08 PM
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] Re: X plane accessibility

From what I hear, X-Plane also supports Navigraph data. I don't know
how that data is used in that simulator, though.

On 8/5/2017 2:11 PM, Declan Webster wrote:

Ah ok, that's a shame, I think a lot of people enjoy it because they say it has a slightly better flight model and graphics which have almost no consequence to how we fly anyway, probably not worth the effort to make it accessible especially while the simulators we have are still just as good

Sent from my iPhone

On 5 Aug 2017, at 19:48, Zachary Kline <zkline@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As far as I am aware, there is no accessibility in it at all. I have not tried it on windows, but the installation program on Mac is not usable. I do not believe that there is hope for it, at least not without a concerted effort.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 5, 2017, at 11:44 AM, Declan Webster <declan.webster44@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, this is probably a shot in the dark but I was wondering about the accessibility of x plane. Has anyone any idea whether the interface is accessible for blind people. I only ask because FSX is obviously no longer being developed, There is of course P3d but it looks like the future is x plane. I, like many people, have spent a lot of money on FSX and I wouldn't like to switch over right now. I have seen on the FSX pilot website though that they are making an application which will support x plane and it seems that more developers are making new claims for itBlind and Visually impaired Pilots mailinglist
To unsubscribe, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the subject of your message.
For other options such as digest, send a message to
bvipilots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word help in the subject of your message.