[bvipilots] FSXism strikes again

  • From: "Jordan Gallacher" <jordanandseptember@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 00:45:22 -0500

Subject line says it all.  I was just doing a flight from Klamath Falls,
KLMT, to San Francisco, KSFO, flying a B757-200 and FSX's ATC decided to
tell me to Turn right to a heading of 255 and descend to 1800ft.  I was
about 49 miles out from San Fran when I was given this instruction, but here
is the problem.  ATC is not smart enough to think about objects that might
be in the flight path.  In this case, I crash landed on a hill about 22
miles from KSFO.  I was preparing for an ILS approach on 28R.  What to do
differently for my next attempt?