[bvipilots] A thank you letter to Jordan.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "B V I Pilots" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:06:41 -0400

Hi Jordan, it looks like I finally got it to work.
For those having problems and want FSX to start in the cold and dark mode, you have to do it in the following way.
1. place the FLTSIM.FLT file and the read me file in the flight folder.
The flight folder is a sub folder that is down inside the main Microsoft Flight simulator X folder.
Go to
C:\program files (x86) microsoft games and inside this folder you should see Microsoft flight simulator x.
Open that folder and press the letter F until you see flights.
The two above files must be placed into this folder.
2.Fire up FSX.
Now they recommend doing this with the Sky Hock 172.
But I couldn't get it to work with the Sky hock.
I did it with the B738.
Make a flight with the B738 aircraft.
If you already have a flight with the b738 in your safed flights, then simply just click on that flight and let it load.
Now fire up the IYP program.
I used IYP to verify that everything was the way I wanted it.
When Michelle told me that she was ready and it was my plane, I gave the following commands.
Restart Cold and Dark.
Then the voice command parking breaks on.
then the last command Open Doors.
3. I then used the keyboard command alt f then the letter S for Save.
This is very inportant.
When you're in the save mode and you're going to give your flight a title then tab over once and you're going to give your flight a description, it has to be exactly the way that you already have it in your list of saved flights. 4. After you've given your flight a title and a description. tab over until you see save a default and smack the enter key on that and then tab over untl you see the ok button and smack enter on the ok button.
That should do it for you.
Hope this helps everyone out.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1