[bvipilots] Re: A question about the new VA feature.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 14:50:06 -0500

Robert has a link on the IYP web page giving a example of the new taxiing feature.

Just go to where the new versions of IYP is at.
Do a search for version 4.1.265.
Then just slowly down arrow.
But the new taxiing feautre is cool.
For example.
Here in Erie we usually land on runway two four.
So just after we touch down your trusty co pilot will say something like I'm going to move off of the runway so we can talk to the ground for taxiing.
Then you switch to the ground frequency nd for my example.
Erie Ground Northwest 1004 request taxi to the gate.
They would tell you to taxi to Gatetwo four.
Then like when you're taxiing just before the before takeoff checklist when you tell Mechelle to taxi and hold short of such and such.
You would simply say the  following.
Michelle let's taxi to gat two four and not twenty-four.
Michelle will not only taxi to gate tw four but will tell you when you have arrived and now are parked at gate two four.
then you simple start the parking checklists.
The above feature is automatically set.
You don't need to say a thing to turn it on.
But for the auto altitude feauture.
Use the voice command Either Activate alto altimater or auto altimater on.
That will turn on the auto altitude feature.
No longer will ATC bitch at you that you're to high or to low of your alt.
Hope that helps.
Blind Pilot

-----Original Message----- From: Tony
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 2:02 AM
To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bvipilots] Re: A question about the new VA feature.

Sounds like even more reason to dig out an aircraft, what's the new taxiing
feature?