[bvipilots] Re: A letter for Robert.

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 18:51:05 -0700

Hello Ron,

REGARDING: Weather

As I have explained numerous times, the weather METAR data comes from a
3rd-party site. In simple terms, when their weather is unavailable, our
weather is unavailable.  We have absolutely no control over the situation.

REGARDING: Call outs

Once again, this is a subject matter I have addressed with you numerous
times. I will try this one more time. Please do not execute the approach
checklist at 8,000 feet. This is crazy! I don't understand how it ever
works! You are never to conduct the approach checklist until you are
stabilized on BASE at the proper approach altitude of approximately 1,700
to 2,200 feet AGL. When ATC turns you onto a heading of 30 degrees from
final, then (and only then) are you supposed to conduct the approach
checklist. In fact, next time you conduct a flight, why not wait until
Michelle says...

"Captain, this might be a good time to conduct the approach checklist".

If while on final, you're way above the proper approach altitude, Michelle
is not going to call out anything, because she thinks your simply flying
over the airport!

I hope you get to read all of this message. <SMILES>

Here's a Youtube video of a flight into the very same airport you were
flying into; namely KCWF, Lake Charles, LA. Listen carefully for Michelle
saying to me...

"Captain, this might be a good time to conduct the approach checklist".

while we were at 1,700 feet on a heading of 210 for a landing on runway 18
Right. i.e., 30 degrees off final approach.

Let me know how things go.

Regards,
Robert